Stages of Psoriasis is a specific time intervals, in which the disease acquires the characteristics. Many patients incorrectly as the stage of a severe or mild Form of the disease, but in medical cards a term in a different sense.
What the case of Psoriasis there are Phase
Psoriasis recognized recurrent diseases of the skin, in the emergence of genetics is to blame. According to estimates by the dermatologists of this disease a minimum of 2% of the world's population is suffering, what – the Problem is very urgent. In the course of psoriasis 2 States are clearly different:
- Relapse. This term refers to a deterioration of the skin. At relapse, the Patient suffers from itching, pain, burning, severe skin rashes, irritation and discomfort. The situation of the person concerned, be charged insomnia, neurosis and anxiety.
- Remission. This word is used to improve the appearance of the skin. In the case of Remission of the skin the normal color acquires, the redness goes away, while the area of the psoriatic Plaques was reduced.
Stage of Psoriasis partial description of remissions and recurrences, so many skin doctors use these words as synonyms. In clinical practice, the 3 stages of Psoriasis described:
- Level of progress;
- the Phase of the return to education.
In view of the fact that it is on the cyclic process, Phase sequentially flow into each other and form a continuous course of the disease.
That's a fact! The hardest thing is for the well-being as a Phase of progress.
What is the progress of the psoriasis?
The stage of progress starts a series of triggers, for example, the cold period of the year, or Stress. In some cases, even an experienced skin doctor can not set clear Trigger. During the advanced stage, the following happens:
- Psoriasis nodules develop quickly, amaze to the skin, connect with each other in so-called Plaques, the flakes and itching. Plaque is a patch of any shape, usually round or Oval, sometimes with an uneven edge.
- Papules, i.e., the individual nodules Psoriasis, skin rashes, make a seal on the skin. Edge of papules, not scrolls, and the Central part – scaly. Since a large number of dead scales gathers to see an increase in platelets on the surface of the skin. Even more convex and uneven appearance of the puffiness gives them.
- For this Phase of the pathology characteristic izomorfnaya reaction, the exacerbation of the lesions in injuries of the skin, scratches, syringe, cuts, micro-injuries. This phenomenon bears the name of Kobnera.
For the advanced stages of Psoriasis is characterised by slow reaction. In some cases, the rash on the skin layers can appear after about 9 days after exposure to a Trigger (e.g., food Allergen). In a typical case of Psoriasis skin rash of negative factors will appear in the course of the day, after the impact.
Interesting! In 95% of patients one or the other food intolerances that can run the rear case. To avoid deterioration, you need to keep a food diary and watch the reaction to different types of food.
Stationary and declining stages
Stationary Phase: means the period of time within the psoriasis, where the condition of the injured is relatively stabilized. In the case of the stationary Phase:
- Psoriatic Plaques have a smooth contour. The entire surface of the plate is covered with a thick layer of scales, which peel off easily. Itching and discomfort interfere. Around the papules are not bright red inflamed edge.
- Microtrauma of the skin not observed the phenomenon of Kobnera, this does not mean, combing or cutting of healthy skin turn into Plaque.
Regressing or declining Phase is characterized by a massive defeat in the case of psoriasis. First of all, around the papules you will notice a pseudo-atrophic rim, and then the patients notice a rapid end to the loosening of the skin, with the formation of Plaques on the grounds of Hyper pigmentation.
The severity of the pathology
Additional diagnostic criterion is used for the evaluation of the surface of the psoriatic lesions. For descriptions use the term "heavy". Dermatologists distinguish 3 severity of the cutaneous disease:
- Easy. Psoriasis Plaques occupied by 1 to 3% of the total surface area of the body. The small size of the areas concerned is not to say that the Patient feels well. In the case of psoriasis of the head or face is also a pair of Plaques will be enough to a Person to cause discomfort and torment.
- The Average. Of the total surface area of the body volume of psoriatic lesions can take between 3 to 10%. If this affects the back, chest, and outer surfaces of the joints, scalp, hands and feet. Such a distribution leads to severe poisoning and distinct syndrome. The Patient may be fully or partially lose of efficiency, deteriorated the mental state and the condition of the nervous system.
- Hard. The disease covers more than 10-15 % of the surface of the skin. It is estimated that, if the psoriasis is more than a quarter of the total area of the body, strengthens the probability of the liver-or renal insufficiency. Decompensated damage of the internal organs may lead to the death of the patient.
A comprehensive assessment of the severity of Psoriasis is the so-called PASI is by means of a special scale. In the scale taken into account:
- the percentage of healthy and diseased skin;
- Phase Pathology;
- the response of the patient to drug therapy;
- individual impact of psoriasis (mental health, complications of the nervous system and the Psyche);
- Objective laboratory data in the dynamics (e.g. volume of uric acid in the bloodstream).
In the diagnosis all the symptoms taken into account, the influence on the condition of the people with Psoriasis. In the patient's record the intensity of reflected:
- itchy processes of the skin cover;
- Thickening of the skin;
- the flow of the blood;
- Pain syndrome.
On a scale PASI volume of skin lesions describes the digits from 0 to 72, where 0 is the absence of cutaneous symptoms and 72 is a large-scale, the maximum possible, the spread of the disease.
Attention! For the patient first and foremost, it is important to know and signs of an exacerbation. Upon the occurrence of unfavourable symptoms, you should immediately visit a dermatologist, because psoriasis is not always even in the stationary Phase. A relapse can last for decades.
Psoriasis treatment depends on the stage of the
For each Phase of the disease develops its complex therapeutic interventions, so the first thing skin doctor is determined, falls below the psoriasis, stabilizes or regresses.
The fact that the Remission to the end, every victim of Psoriasis is aware of their feelings. If the itching increases, the skin looks worse and the psoriasis spreads evident on the surface of the body – you need to start the treatment. Therapy for advanced stage has the following features:
- The Patient is concerned with the prevention of a further deterioration of the condition, and adheres strictly to a diet, eliminated, the disease process triggers (Stress, Smoking, alcohol).
- In the case of severe itching antihistamines may additional benefits of this class of drugs which decrease the swelling in psoriatic Plaques.
- The skin doctor will prescribe a wide range of local resources for healing, softening and thinning of the skin. According to the decision of the doctor creams, ointments or Sprays. A positive Trend in tar soap and solidolovye is compresses. You can also hang up, compresses, or apply make-up with mud from the dead sea.
To stop the main task at this stage – aggravation, before the disease is in longer relapse. According to the doctor, corticosteroids injections or in the Form of ointments chooses.
Attention! Corticosteroids course need to use short and intense-under the supervision of a dermatologist. Self-injections can lubricate or antipruritic ointments.
Therapy stationary and regressing Phase
Further measures are dermatologists, depending on the reaction of the organism to the chosen treatment. There are the following scenarios:
- Drugs have a positive effect. Within 1-2 weeks, the psoriasis, the stationary Phase, and remission.
- Drugs have no effect. If after 2-4 weeks of the order of a course of drugs, the results are not yet visible, is there a reason to change, or the list of medication or the attending physician.
- Drugs cause a deterioration. This dynamic is also possible, especially, if the dose or frequency rate of the recording is not sufficient. Delay, psoriatic Plaques include a larger area of the body, the person needs to stay in the hospital.
In a medical institution of the therapy, for example, Hardware-cleaning the blood using more efficient means. If a positive reaction psoriasis in the stationary Phase, which can last from several days to several months.
Interesting! More than 80% of patients notice a seasonal character of exacerbations. The power of the disease is predictable and can prepare for the beginning of a relapse.
List of drugs used in stationary and regressing stages is exactly the same, but the dosage and frequency of intake less than in the advanced stage.
Remission in 10-15 years
A competent skin doctor poses the next task – to pick up, such as medical and physio-therapeutic means give the patient as long as possible to improve. The Patient himself must contribute in every way to the treatment, avoid triggers, and responsibly take medication. If the Alliance of the patient and of the physician was successful, the duration of Remission is unlimited. Stable good health, it can take 15 years or more.