What is psoriasis? Otherwise, he is known as psoriasis. It is a comprehensive infectious is localized inflammatory process, predominantly in the tissue of the Dermis (hands, back, etc.). Is considered to be a variant of dermatoses. Characterized by the formation of red elevations on the skin (papules), which merge over time to form a unit, to form large lesions.
The frequency of the disease varies from 0.1% to 3%. The average morbidity - 2.5% of the entire population of the planet. Disease-provoking process on the most vulnerable people in the conditions of civilized States. Exactly on the described pathology, nothing is unknown: aetiology, pathogenesis, these are all questions to which no clear answer. There are only guesses and theories. What you should psoriasis know about the disease?
Psoriasis - causes for the formation of
The pathology differs multifactoriality and polyethiologic. In practice, this means that the causes of Psoriasis are multiple, the role of a variety of factors at play. The immediate cause lies in the shortening of the life cycle of the cells of the Epidermis: the normal structure of the Dermis "life" for about a month and a half, while in the case of scaly planus, this period is reduced to several days.
As a result, the speed of the withering away of the cells is higher, the intensity of the Updates. Scales of the Epidermis, pull off the big plants form and causes irritation.
- Disorders of metabolism. According to the first theory of psoriasis (photo-symptoms and treatment in adults is in this article) as a response to inadequate fast metabolism. It is noted that in many patients the increase in the concentration of cholesterol expressed, this indicates a change in the fat metabolism. In this context, the disease can be used as a "cholesterol diathesis". The imbalance observed in the structure of the Vitamin-and mineral metabolism: the typical clinical picture includes a lack of Vitamin A, B, wherein the content is increased in Vitamin C. A certain role can play under the function (insufficiency of the thyroid gland), lack of sex hormones;
- The genetic factor. As one of the important reasons for the formation of disease. Even psoriasis (photo not inherited-symptoms and treatment in adults are more), and predisposition. Geneticists found that if in the family in the ascending line was a man suffers from psoriasis, the lifetime risk in the offspring grows up to 25%. If both parents are sick, with a probability of 75% sick child. It is proved, up to 70% of patients by a dermatologist verified diagnosis of down's family medical history;
- The Auto-Immune Theory. Today is considered the most authoritative and academic. The hypothesis States, is true that at a certain point the immune system of the patient, as a result of its defense system, the healthy cells for dangerous "invaders". Is initiated, the active production of leukocytes and other immune cells to destroy the structure of the Dermis. The basis of the pathology is a source of chronic infectious lesions: the speech on the diseases of the ear, nose, and including the flow of the blood or lymph pathogenic Flora is transported to the skin, forms a new home. If you believe the presented theory, it is a response to a delayed immune;
- Infectious Hypothesis. Some time ago the trust was worthy, and irrefutable. Its essence lies in the view of the lichens, such as the contagious infectious disease. Blame "attributed to", and Staphylococcus Aureus, and streptococci, and spirochetes, as it turned out later, by direct contact psoriasis from person to person, which shows that for the benefit of the infectious etiologies.
All the presented theories are Rational. This Problem is described as a complex, polietiologic disease. You can also talk about a number of triggering factors. Contact trigger (trigger Demonstration or recurrence), all of this helps to cure psoriasis:
- Of Climate Change;
- Psoriasis - frequent Stress. It is assumed that the role in the development of the pathology of endocrine disorders: the active production of Cortisol, adrenaline, noradrenaline plays;
- Alcohol abuse;
- The taking of drugs. First and foremost, anti-inflammatory, vitamins, cytostatics;
- Under cooling;
- Injury to the Epidermis.
Causes of the disease are numerous. Can understand only the treating specialist.
To classify disease may be due to four reasons: by the shape, by the nature of the flow, after Phase, after the localization
According to the Form:
- Pustular Form;
- Non-vascular Form.
Due to the nature of the flow can be distinguished:
- Generalized type (pustular psoriasis). The psoriasis rarely develops, no more than 1% of cases. Characterized by a rapid and aggressive course. In a short time on the skin will appear red spots, rising in a single fire. The most frequent location of the pathological process: in the groin, on the hands, in the area of the anatomical bends of the gliedmaen;
- Exudative Appearance. Develops as a secondary lesion in patients with diseases of the thyroid gland, Diabetes mellitus. Characteristic of this Form of exudation of the liquid component of the blood with the formation of the wound surface. When you remove the layer of the Epidermis is exposed, the affected area of the skin with the release of large amounts of exudate;
- Plaque-shaped type. The most common type of the disease. Occurs in 85% of cases. The "classic" Form of psoriasis begins with the appearance on the leather skin of one or more red papules, covered with skin shed dead. In the perspective of several months or years, the individual spaces merge with each other. Location: on the hands, the bends of the limbs, scalp, etc.;
- Atypical Form. Occurs only rarely. Characterized characterized by atypical localization;
- Teardrop-Shape. Got its name due to the shape of platelets.
According to the localization distinguished:
- On the hands and feet;
- On the body;
- On the face;
- On the head;
- On the nails.
Alone, this Form does not meet.
- The Start-Up Phase. The disease manifests itself with the formation of small "pimples" or spot, round shape, red or purple. On the legs - bluish tint. The surface of the papules covered with silvery peeled off the scales, the skin is poorly bonded with leather and break easily under mechanical stress - all of this psoriasis;
- The Phase of the Progression. The disease worsens. Fresh papules form, in time, the red spots merge together, forming conglomerates. The skin on the lesion become red, forming blood halos. In contrast to the Plaques in the initial phase, Progressive Plaques no clear boundaries and smooth shape;
- The stationary Phase. The developed Phase of the psoriasis. In this Phase, the formation of new formations completed, the old papules are fading and not to increase the size. Extensive Growth Stops.
Sometimes Phase mark and regressing, if the platelets reduced in size.
Pathognomonic, recurrent, cyclic course. Each new cycle by the above-mentioned four stages.
The clinical picture is typical. The symptoms of "classic" Psoriasis include:
- The formation of papules psoriasis. The diameter of the redness from 1 mm to 3 cm In the typical cases the process is localized on the hands, scalp, back;
- Horny thickening of the skin. Dermis in the areas of defeat is stiff, develop similar growths on corn. In the stage of Remission, when the redness comes, Horny outgrowths stored;
- Feeling of itching, burning sensation in the affected areas of the Epidermis. Due to the infiltrative process with the participation of the receptors to it Pruritus. Upon the wish of Reflex psoriatic Plaques comb;
- The development of the cracks on the skin Pokrov.
The impact of the nails observed:
- Pitches Ulceration Of The Nail Plate;
- You can change the color of the nails according to the type of fungal infection of the;
- Violation of the structure of the nail.
Psoriasis - a systemic disease, in which the General defeat of all systems of an organism will be celebrated. In the developed stages, you can notice and generalized symptoms of the disease:
- General Weakness;
- Hypo - or hyperthermia, due to the immune reaction;
- Disorders of the thyroid gland (with obesity, a feeling of heat, hot flushes);
- Mental disorders (induced schizophreniform psychosis);
- Redness of the joints, pain in the extremities (psoriatic Arthritis) is manifested.
We should stop on the psoriatic Arthritis Genesis. This disease (like psoriasis) shows up aggressively in the course of the following symptoms:
- Redness of the joints;
- Local increase in temperature (caused by an inflammation of the anatomical structures);
- The violation of the functional activity of the affected joint;
- A feeling of constriction, "gravity gloves" - all of that is psoriasis;
- Pain, worse at night, and subsiding by noon.
Specific symptoms depend on the type and stage of the pathological process.
There are three main dimensions. Criteria for differentiation of the severity of the current disease-causing process, and the surface of the extensive development of the lesion.
- Light Psoriasis. Psoriasis papules process, isolated, or none at all. It is not a kind of itching of the skin, the body temperature is normal, generalized symptoms. Individual areas of hyperemia of the skin with clear, smooth contours develop. On the surface of the infected Dermis available available dandruff of the skin are white, reminiscent of the scales. The area of the General defeat is less than 3% of the whole body;
- Moderate versicolor. The volume of the extensive growth of psoriatic changes are pronounced, and make up about 3-10% of the total body surface. Multiple tokens, separated, conglomerates form. There is a small hyperthermia with subfebrile values of the thermometer (about 37-37.5 degrees);
- Severe psoriasis the psoriasis in a different Form. The area of the defeat of the skin covering about 10% of the whole body. Diameter of psoriatic Plaques is a few centimeters. Plots pathogenic process multiple merge in a single complex. Pronounced redness, swelling of the Dermis.
There is also a method for the determination of the severity of the process by the so-called index PASI (PASI) psoriasis:
The multi-level scale, considering all of the data in the System. Is considered to be the most accurate method for the determination of the complexity of the flow.
The quality of life of patients
Zoster of the specified type refers to severe systemic pathologies. Like any complex disease, the zoster quality of life of patients, which reduces the data, numerous surveys show.
So, as concerned to even notice, you have to learn to live with the Problem, but difficulties in a number of areas:
- In the professional activity. Psoriasis-Arthritis, constant itching, and other factors disrupt the normal physical work;
- In the domestic sphere. In particularly difficult cases, the patients are not to serve in the position yourself;
- In the field of leisure. Face, of the disease concerned, are not in some sports psychological discomfort due to the unaesthetic appearance of the skin.
You have to say about the disease brand. Surrounding you in fear of contagiousness, this is a significant impact on the self-assessment of the patient. In addition to the physical discomfort is still celebrated and psychological. To understand face way, depriving the patient more likely to fall into depression, a tendency to social Isolation.
Methods of therapy
How to heal Psoriasis? The therapy must be comprehensive. First and foremost, we are talking about the medical effects on the body. Ordered the following groups of drugs:
- DZ-vitamin supplements. Sure, because you do not have serious side effects. A pronounced antiproliferative effect, thus reducing the rate of cell division of the Dermis. To Minisan, Oksidevit, Aquadetrim;
- Retinoids. Dangerous drugs with serious side effects. However, they can be the answer to the question how to heal Psoriasis. Trade names: accutane, Acitretin, Soriathan;
- Suppressor Of Immunity. Neural, Methotrexate, Ciclosporin;
- Finally, the answer to the question "how to treat Psoriasis" which may be in corticosteroids: prednisolone, dexamethasone, and others.
Also practiced methods of physiotherapy:
- Electric sleep.
Answers to the question, how is the psoriasis there are many. The tactics of the therapy to determine only a doctor can. There are a lot of nuances, it all depends on the severity of the disease and its localization.