Psoriasis is a well-known chronic disease of the skin of the character, accompanied by the emergence of red spots, silvery-white scales. According to the statistics, the disease is about 3 per cent of the people of the whole population of a planet suffer.
The main symptoms of Psoriasis are covered by the appearance of the rash on the skin: nodules of bright-pink color, covered with silvery scales. Elements of the rash merge in a variety of configurations, similar to a map. Accompanied by moderate itching.
Usually, the disease affects the areas of skin on the head, elbow and knee joints, at the lower part of the back. Also known is the psoriasis of the nails, external genitalia, and of the joints, but these forms are much rarer in comparison with lesions of the skin.
The disease can develop at any age, but most commonly psoriasis affects people at a young age. In this article, we will explain everything about Psoriasis — symptoms, treatment, diet and natural remedies that help to treat the disease at home.
The causes of psoriasis
The cause of Psoriasis is unknown, but the disease immunological changes in the body (autoimmune Aggression), neurological diseases, metabolic disorders can trigger. The emergence of Psoriasis inheritance, decreased immunity to disease, Stress contribute.
One of the most important theories on the origin of psoriasis is a hypothesis about the so-called genetic factors. Generally Psoriasis in children under 10 years of age is the hereditary Form of the disease is in the family crumbs almost always find a relative suffering from a similar disease. But if the Psoriasis manifests itself in the more Mature age, the suspect doctors that the disease is a different type of formation – bacterial or viral.Factors contributing to the development of Psoriasis:
- hereditary predisposition;
- thin, dry skin;
- external irritating factors;
- excessive Hygiene;
- bad habits;
- taking certain medications can trigger the disease (Beta-blockers, antidepressants, anticonvulsants (fungi and staphylococci);
The international day of psoriasis (World Psoriasis Day) is celebrated annually on April 29. October, under the auspices of the International Federation of Psoriasis associations (IFPA). For the first time this day was established in the year 2004. Contagious is whether Psoriasis?
Numerous studies have confirmed that Psoriasis is contagious. The presence of several family members of patients with Psoriasis, due to the possible hereditary (genetic) transmission of the disease.Stage of development
Three phases of development of Psoriasis characterized:
- Progressive — new rashes, patients concerned about severe itching.
- Stationary — the appearance of new lesions stopped existing to heal to start.
- Regressiruyushayf — the centres are formed psevdoatroficheskie headbands, in the middle of the large Plaques visible areas of healthy skin; the truth about the disease reminds Hyper pigmentation in the affected areas with a darker skin has a healthy color.
Also Psoriasis is usually classified according to their severity in easy-to (with a defeat of less than 3 % of the skin surface), moderate (with a defeat of 3 to 10 percent of the surface of the skin) and hard (with the participation of more than 10 percent of the surface of the skin). The defeat of the joints is considered to be a severe Form of Psoriasis, regardless of the affected area of the skin.The first signs
It is recommended to see a doctor if the following signs:
- Red bulging spots (Plaques) covered with covered with dry white or silvery scales.
- Spots often appear on the elbows and knees, however, rashes can appear anywhere on the body: scalp, hands, nails and face.
- Deformed Nails;
- Strong exfoliating dead skin cells (dandruff);
- Blisters on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet, painful cracks in the skin.
Psoriasis is a systemic disease that affects only the skin and nails. Of the joints, tendons, and spine, immune, nervous and endocrine system suffer. Often, the kidneys, the liver, the thyroid gland are affected. The Patient feels a strong weakness, suffer from chronic fatigue and Depression. Due to these complex effects on the organism, the disease in the last few years, psoriaticheskoy called disease.
Psoriasis and its symptoms due to the presence of a homogeneous rash in the Form of Plaques with a diameter of 1-3 mm up to 2-3 cm, pink-red, sitting silvery-white scales covered. As a result of the regional growth elements merge in tiles in different sizes and forms, sometimes occupying large areas of the skin. The platelets are usually to the skin razgibatelnoy surface of the extremities, especially in the area of the elbows and knee joints, torso, and scalp.
- Blyashkovidnyi psoriasisor Psoriasis vulgaris, Psoriasis vulgar, simple psoriasis (psoriasis vulgaris) (L40.0) is the most common Form of Psoriasis. It occurs in 80% to 90 % of all Psoriasis patients. Blyashkovidnyi vulgar Psoriasis most often red, hot skin is manifested in the typical Form over the surface of the healthy skin phases, inflamed, and covered with grey or silvery-white, scaly, dry and thickened skin. Red skin under the easily removable grey or silvery layer is easily damaged and bleeds, because it contains a large number of small blood vessels. These areas are typical of Psoriasis lesions psoriaticheskimi known as Plaques.Psoriaticheskie tiles have a tendency to grow in size, merge with the adjacent plates, the whole plate tiles ("Paraffin-lake").
- Psoriasis sgibatelnyh surfaces (flexural psoriasis), or "inverse Psoriasis" (inverse psoriasis) (L40.83-4) appears as a rule smooth or with minimal Peeling, not especially protruding above the surface of the skin red inflamed patches, which are exclusively in the folds of the skin, if there is no or minimal lesions in other areas of the skin. The most common Form of psoriasis affects the folds in the outer genital organs, the groin, inner thighs, armpits, and folds under increased obesity abdominal (Psoriasis, pannus), and on the folds of the skin below the Breasts in women. This Form of psoriasis is particularly susceptible to deterioration under the influence of friction injuries to the skin and sweating, and often accompanied by complicated or secondary fungal infection or streptokokkovoy piodermiey.
- Guttate Psoriasis (guttate psoriasis) (L40.4) is due to the presence of a large number of small, dry, red, or purple (to violet), a similar Form on drops, tears, or small dots, circles, elements of defeat. This Psoriaticheskie elements in the rule usipayut a large surface of the skin, the hip is the most common, but can neck , forearms, shoulders, scalp, back. Guttate Psoriasis often develops for the first time or worsened after streptokokkovoy infection, in typical cases — to streptokokkovoy neck pain or streptokokkovogo faringita.
- Pustulyozniy Psoriasis (L40.1-3, L40.82) or exudative Psoriasis is the most severe forms of Psoriasis of the skin and looks like to be optimistic over the surface of the healthy skin vesicles or bullae, filled with a transparent flammable akssudatom (pustules). The skin under and on the surface and around the pustules is red, hot, inflamed, and thickened, easy-to-peel. It can pustules are a secondary infection, in this case, the exudate acquires the eiterigen character. Pustulyozniy Psoriasis can be a limited, localized, is the most common localization are the ends of the extremities (arms and legs), the legs and forearms seemed to be, that is palmoplantarniy pustulyoz (palmoplantar pustulosis). In other, more severe cases Pustulyozniy psoriasis can be disturbing, with the wide spread of the pustules over the entire surface of the body and its tendency to confluence, to form larger pustules.
- Psoriasis,nail or psoriaticheskaya onihodisrtofiya (L40.86) leads to different changes in the appearance of the nails on the fingers or toes. These changes can include appear to be any combination of changes in the color of the nails and nail bed , on the nails and under the nails, points, spots, thickening of the skin under the nails and around the nail bed, stratification, and thickening of the nail, the complete loss of the nails (oniholizis) or the development of an increased fragility of the nails.
- Psoriatic Arthritis (L40.5), or psoriaticheskaya artropatiya, artropatichskyi psoriasis by inflammation of the joints and connective tissue. Psoriatic Arthritis can strike all joints, but most commonly the small joints of the phalanges of the fingers and/or toes. It is, in typical cases, the swelling of the fingers caused and toes, known as psoriatic daktilit. Psoriatic Arthritis can also tazobedrenye, knee joints,plechelopatyi the joint, the joints of the spine (psoriatic Spondylitis) astound. Sometimes Psoriasis Arthritis knee or hip joints, and especially psoriatic Spondylitis is not as pronounced, resulting in severe disability of the patient, inability to move, without the need for special adjustments. The mortality in this severe forms of psoriatic Arthritis is increased, since the immobilization of the patient in the bed promotes the development of pressure ulcers, and pneumonia. About 10 to 15 percent of patients with Psoriasis also suffer from psoriatic Arthritis.
- psoriaticheskaya aritrodermiya (L40.85), or aritrodermicheskyi psoriasis often shows, and often disturbing, inflammation, and desquamation, otsloykoy skin on the whole or a large part of the surface of the skin. Psoriaticheskaya aritrodermiya may be due to intensive itching, swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue,pain of the skin.psoriaticheskaya aritrodermiya is often the result of an exacerbation Psoriasis vulgaris unstable, in particular, in the case of sudden abrupt discontinuation of systemic or local treatment of the glucocorticoids. It can also be observed, as the result of the provocation of alcohol, mental Stress, interkurrentnymi infections (especially colds). This Form of Psoriasis can be fatal because of the extremely strong inflammation and flaking or detachment of the skin is the body's ability to Regulation of body temperature and the barrier function of the skin, which may be due to the generalized piodermiey or Sepsis interfere. However, a limited, localized psoriaticheskaya aritrodermiya even be the first Symptom of Psoriasis can psoriasis but vulgar blyashkovidnyi.
The symptoms of psoriasis ranging depending on the time of year and stage. In many patients there is a "Winter" is a kind of disease, when the periods of exacerbation coming in late autumn or in Winter. Over the course of the disease
Psoriasis is a chronic disease, characterized by the rule волнообразным current, with periods of spontaneous or evoked these or other healing effects remissiy or improvements and periods of spontaneous or provoked by adverse external influences (alcohol, interkurrentnye infections, Stress), relapses or exacerbations.
The severity of the disease varies in different patients and even in the same patient in periods of Remission and exacerbation in a very wide range, from small local lesions to full coverage of the entire body psoriaticheskimi Plaques.
Often there is a tendency to Progression of the disease over time (especially if untreated), to the weighting and frequency of exacerbations, increasing the area of the lesion and involvement of new areas of the skin. In some patients , a continuous course of the disease without spontaneous remissiy, or even a continuous further development occurs. Often also affects the nails of the hands and/or feet (psoriaticheskaya onihodisrtofiya). Nail infections can be isolated and observed, in the absence of skin lesions.
Psoriasis can also cause inflammatory lesion of the joints, the so-called psoriaticheskuyu artropatiyu or psoriatic Arthritis. From 10 to 15 % of patients with Psoriasis also have psoriatic Arthritis, and suffering.