Of psoriasis about 4% of the world's population. He can love at any age from birth to old age, however the majority of Psoriasis "" young. The fact that 70% of patients with Psoriasis develop up to the age of 20 years.
If the skin appeared skin rashes, similar psoriasis – ask your skin doctor. Psoriatic lesions are an itchy, scaly patches of tiles in different sizes. In the process, Plaques Psoriasis can affect the elbows, knees, scalp, or other parts of the body
The causes of psoriasis
Psoriasis is an abnormal reaction of the organism to external stimuli, which in some parts of the body, the upper layer of the skin dies a lot faster than normal. If in General, the cycle of division and maturation of skin cells occurs within 3-4 weeks, in the case of psoriasis this process is runs in only 4-5 days.
Currently psoriasis believe inherited disease: disease not the underlying one, but a whole complex of reasons, immunological changes, metabolic disorders, accompanying endocrine and neurological disorders. Here, you can say: Psoriasis is a non contagious, and therefore non-contagious disease.
The causes of Psoriasis still not definitively found. There are various theories.
According to one theory, there are two types of Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis type I is called sexually refractions of the immune system are inherited. This Form of Psoriasis affects about 65% of the human, wherein the disease is manifested at the young age of 18 to 25 years.
- Psoriasis type II in people older than 40 years. In this type of psoriasis are not inherited and is not associated with breakdowns in the cells by the immune system. But, in contrast to Psoriasis, type I, preferably the skin, Psoriasis, type II is often on the nails and joints.
According to another theory, the cause of psoriasis only the violation of the immunity by a variety of factors: it can be stressful, or infectious diseases, or cold climate, or the wrong diet. For example, found that alcohol can trigger the worsening of psoriasis — this is especially true for beer, sparkling wine, strong alcohol. Consumption of food, the deterioration of vinegar, pepper, chocolate, and also the course of the disease and may cause worsening of psoriasis. According to this theory, Psoriasis is a systemic disease. This means that in the case of serious violations in work of immune system, the process can spread to other organs and tissues, such as the joints. In the result of Psoriasis develop Arthritis, which is due to lesion of the small joints of the hands and feet.
Symptoms of psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis inflamed, scaly patches of red color, accompanied by intense itching. Such spots often on the scalp, knees, and elbow joints, lower back, and at the points of the folds of the skin. About a quarter of the patients affects the nails.
Depending on the seasonality of relapses (exacerbations of the disease) distinguish three types of Psoriasis: Winter -, summer -, not determined. Most of the Winter type of Psoriasis.
During an exacerbation of the symptoms of Psoriasis on the hands, the knees, the head and lower back and skin folds of reddish color in the Form of Plaques. Their size varies from a pinhead to large areas of size in the palm of your hand and more.
Rashes usually skin by desquamation and pain itching. To remove the peeling of superficial scales easily, the denser, the depth (hence the second name of Psoriasis — psoriasis). Sometimes in the affected areas of the skin cracks and suppuration.
For progressive Psoriasis, characterized by the development of psoriatic Plaques in places of injuries or scrape the skin.
About a quarter of the patients affects the nails. This point-shaped wells, and Spotting of the nail plate. In addition, nails can become thicker and brittle.
In the summer, under the influence of sun light in patients with winter form of Psoriasis symptoms subside, and sometimes disappear completely. Sick year old Form of Psoriasis, on the contrary, it is recommended to avoid exposure to the sun because it worsens the course of the disease.
Diagnosis of psoriasis
To Determine Psoriasis Skin Doctor. To do this, you turn to the appearance of lesions on the skin, similar to Psoriasis Plaques of different sizes, red, itchy and reducing a scaly. For further diagnosis, a skin biopsy may require.
If the doctor has Psoriasis in the early stages, it is quite possible, you will be assigned to predominantly preventive, not a cure.
In essence, manifestations of the disease, the following methods of treatment of Psoriasis:
- Cryotherapy — a method of exposure to cold;
- Plasmapheresis - Blood Cleansing,
- Therapy with UV — treatment in the short-term procedures, in a similar way with the visit of the Solarium. For a greater effectiveness of the treatment of Psoriasis this method is often) in combination with the intake of specific medications PUVA therapy.
In no case do not try to self treat Psoriasis with ultraviolet light without recommendations of the doctor. In the case of psoriasis, small doses of UV light, the healing, but higher — on the contrary, can more develop the disease.
Unfortunately, no one knows how to cure Psoriasis completely, since the body "saves memory" about the disease in the Form of biochemical, immunological and functional changes. Back in the Psoriasis can occur at any time happen, therefore, patients should be with such a diagnosis must be constantly observed, in the case of a dermatologist.
What can and can not psoriasis
The successful treatment of psoriasis depends largely on the adherence to the dietary regime that needs to.a physiologically fully-fledged according to the energy value, content of fat and carbohydrates
Psoriasis treatment lengthy and complex process, the most important moments are the experience in the treatment, prolonged observation of the patient and the correct choice of methods and means of therapy. You should always keep in mind that the main thing in the treatment of this unpredictable disease — damage. In many ways, the treatment of Psoriasis is dependent on the patient.
Make sure that it's really psoriasis (if precipitation appeared for the first time). Remember, what circumstances and events that preceded the onset of skin rash. It can be Stress-situations, all-to-noise — drug, alcohol, food, etc., prolonged hypothermia, infectious diseases and vaccinations, Trauma to the skin (including permanent waves, hair coloring), and Later to eliminate the influence of these factors on your body.
- Sick. Prevent the transition from acute infectious diseases to chronic.
- Drinking, Smoking. Remember that alcohol and Smoking, in General, complicate the treatment of Psoriasis and its exacerbation.
- "To be cleaned". Popular in the last few years, "cleaning" of the body can also act as triggering factors. Do not overdo it and Hunger.
- To abuse with ultra-violet light. Many of the sick go to the sea, to get rid of the disease for a swim in the sea and sunbathing, but soon will make sure that the disease again progresses and comes with renewed vigor, again makes itself felt — the sun has a detrimental effect on the patient, he "drives" the Psoriasis even deeper in the body, and after some time the opposite happens, so take sea and sun bath, the best of the autumn-Winter treatment, and prevention to fly.
- There are all in a row. The successful treatment of psoriasis depends largely on the adherence to the dietary regime, in this disease must be a physiologically full-fledged according to the energy value, content of fat and carbohydrates. Exclude the consumption of citrus fruits, chocolate, eggs, honey, whole milk and products, which is the red Pigment (tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, etc.). After the disappearance of the Plaques, in Remission, not the abuse of these products, it is desirable that sweets drastically reduces the acidic, spicy and greasy foods, cured meats,.
To eliminate food allergic reactions. Dishes you eat most often boiled, baked, steamed Form.
The successful treatment of psoriasis depends largely on the exceptions of sharp dishes, spices and spicy vegetables, spices (mustard, Mayonnaise, etc.), smoked foods, of the firm of meat, fish and mushroom broths and sauces. Significantly reduce the intake of salt.
In the case of a strong Fort of the process necessary for days, and a drastic restriction of consumption of alcoholic beverages are progress nearly. Minimize the consumption of sugar-containing products.
Psoriasis-treatment is usually complex, and will take into account the many factors affecting the development or exacerbation of the disease, as well as compliance with certain rules of diet.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). Particular attention should be paid to the consumption of vegetable fats, consisting of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). Intake of PUFA in sufficient quantity is very important in Psoriasis, as they are in the body of biologically active substances, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effect, a positive influence on the condition of the skin (as a component of cell membranes) and the walls of the blood vessels, regulate metabolism (especially fat metabolism in the liver, the replacement of a number of vitamins).
- Ballast substances. In this group of patients results in the need to periodically supports the cleansing function of the liver and its role in fat metabolism. Of great importance is the regular emptying of the bowel. In tendency to constipation in the diet food include substances with a high content of ballast and dishes with a "laxative" effect (salads with vegetable oil, salad, etc.). In addition, fiber has other important properties: affect the metabolism, support the balance of minerals in the body. Food products, the normalization of the metabolism of lipids (buckwheat, cottage cheese, etc.) enriched.
- Vitamins. Psoriasis-the treatment is successful when attention is paid to the intake of vitamins, in the group of antioxidants, the health of the skin and nails. They help neutralize free radicals, strengthen harmful to the skin, the walls of the blood vessels, are important for the synthesis of collagen and Elastin (components of connective tissue). The complex of vitamins of group In, of all cellular processes, also helps the skin in a healthy condition. In addition, B vitamins have a positive impact on the state of the nervous system, which is important in this disease. Typical for Psoriasis is an increased proliferation of skin cells and their incomplete maturation. Found that the cells of the top layer of skin (keratinocytes), a high sensitivity to Vitamin A be used currently in the practice of medicine with success, supplements with Vitamin the, the, the by the receptors on keratinocytes, leading to an increase in their differentiation and, thus, to normalize experiments, the development of the Epidermis.
When compiling a diet, it is important to keep in mind about the inclusion in the diet of foods, the wheat rich in vitamins: E (vegetable oils), C (rosehip, red peppers, currants), And Beta-carotene (liver, Butter, Paprika), O (fish products), In (liver, beef, book-grits) and Vitamin E (currant).
- Calcium. Nutrition enrich need to food sources of calcium (cheese, milk products, etc.), have anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effect.
- Zinc. In the case of psoriasis, it is important to take into account supply with food zinc, from which depends the production of protein needed for wound healing, improve immunity and anti-oxidative protection.
Psoriasis: tips for patients
The clothing can be wool, in a certain degree of pressure on the skin, which can trigger the occurrence of new lesions, so choose bright, spacious, tree.
- As little as possible, you take a bath — do you prefer the soul, he drying out human skin. If you decide to take a bath, not too long. The water should not be hot.
- When washing the skin stretch with a soft sponge or cotton napkin. Avoid cloth the use of harsh detergents.
- Use pH-neutral soap or shower gel (without perfume). Do not touch the solid soap on the skin.
- Wipe the skin with a towel gently, gently DAB. Do not remove scales independently horn.
- After showering on the skin and emollient application. Dry, cracked skin reduced the efficacy of the treatment, but also often itchy.
- Cut the nails short — it will hurt less skin to scratch when a craving. Try to protect the skin from cuts and damage as you can to the cause of the emergence of new lesions of Psoriasis.
- In the treatment of Psoriasis with the localization of the process in Hand essential cotton gloves after applying the medication, to prevent it in the eyes.
- The clothing can be wool, in a certain degree of pressure on the skin, which can trigger the occurrence of new lesions, so choose bright, spacious, tree. Clothing made of fabric with light and mixed colors, helps cover up the scales on the clothing.
- The conditioning of the air can dry your skin, and then the deterioration of the condition can occur. The time, in the conditions of the conditioning.
- Not to burn even though the sun is trying to radiate and have a positive effect on many patients, "" in the sun. Talk you bathe with your doctor about the optimum mode of the sun.
- You try to lead a healthy lifestyle, avoid the abuse of alcohol and keep them to a Minimum Stress situations.
- In the Winter, humidify the air indoors, at work and at home.