Despite the fact that the disease of the medicine has long been known, the exact cause of their formation is not yet installed. There are several theories about the prerequisites for the development of pathology, each of which has supporters and opponents.
What is psoriasis appears in adults, and what theories there are about this topic?
- Some scientists are convinced that the cause of this disease is a hereditary predisposition. It is due to the presence of gene mutations, which are characteristic of all patients with Psoriasis. The greatest danger that the psoriasis breaks out, falls on the 2, 5 and 6 Generation.
- According to one of the theories, the psoriasis of the metabolic processes as a result of the injury. In particular, it is interference in a process of exchange of fat and nitrogen.
- Chronic Stress or serious traumatic stress situation can also be a reason of the development of the disease. There are many cases, the detection of the occurrence of the symptoms after the death of a loved one, separation, loss of job, etc.
- Changes in the hormone level can the role of the catalyst, causing the first signs of psoriasis. For example, the development of the disease may coincide with pregnancy, child birth, onset of menopause.
- If the people, there is autoimmune disorders, it is also a prerequisite for the development of the disease. Also, according to the immune theory of the emergence of this disease, Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease.
In recent years, the relationship of Psoriasis with obesity, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol.
In some cases (especially in the existing conditions, family inheritance, etc.) Psoriasis is a result of the following factors can begin:
- constant rubbing and microtrauma of the skin;
- in the case of the change of climate with warm on the colder;
- at the wrong diet, and the General exhaustion of the organism;
- the abuse of alcohol and Smoking.
Psoriasis in adults: symptoms and treatment
Depending on the Form, severity and localization of the disease, the symptoms of psoriasis can vary.
- In the case of vulgar (gaps) Form of Psoriasis on the body of the people, the characteristic rounded rashes appear, the so-called Plaques. First of all, you are a slight redness, accompanied by itching. Later, their surface is a grey bloom, outwardly reminiscent of Paraffin Chips (for these tiles have the title of "Paraffin lakes"). The skin around them is red and scaly, increasing their local temperature. Localization vulgar forms of the disease can be, Plaque Psoriasis appears on the face, the head and the body.
- The most important feature is the inverted Form of this disease, the skin wrinkles, the caves outer side of the thigh, the armpit, the glands of the skin under the breast in the defeat. The rash presents with red patches, causing flaking.
- Guttate Psoriasis is characterized by the appearance on the body with small pink or red rash, reminiscent of a drop.
- Seborrheic psoriasis on the scalp localized to the skin, behind the ears, in the vicinity of the lips and the nose, and sometimes on the chest and upper back area. This grey, dry scales appear on the skin silvery, similar to dandruff.
- Pustular Psoriasis to be represented by the formation on the body of the patient's bladder, filled with fluid, the skin reddens and swells. After the pustules burst, solid crusts are formed. In some cases, this Form of the disease can be very dangerous not only for health but also for human life – for example, if pustular Psoriasis.
- Exudative Psoriasis is characterized by the appearance of rash on the skin exudate impregnated, with the development of wet wounds and yellowish crusts. Skin rashes accompanied by intense itching, which can lead to skin rashes and other penetrating wounds infections.
- The most dangerous Form of psoriasis the psoriatic erythroderma. Usually, the rash affects a large area of the body(90%) and is associated with desquamation, itching, pain, fever, enlarged lymph nodes, and in particularly severe cases, detachment of the layers of the skin.
- Psoriatic Arthritis manifests itself in lesions of the small and large joints. In most cases, the joints suffer from the fingers and toes. The skin over them is stretched, red, and hot to the touch. The main distinguishing feature of this Form of the disease consists in the change of the shape of the fingers: they are asymmetric, short and thick, the look reminiscent of sausages. If the disease is not treated, it can progress, bringing people with a disability.
- In the case of nail Psoriasis-your surface addition of water, is a dark, yellowish, or white color. In some cases, the nails point or the longitudinal recess can occur.
- Sometimes psoriatic violations apply not only to the skin and joints, but also the agents, the deeper. In such cases, the person feels the pain and unpleasant sensations in the muscles.
Any Person faced with the described symptoms asks if curable Psoriasis in adults? Oh, to answer in the affirmative is impossible. This disease is a chronic and at the Moment, the medicine is not able to provide a means capable of completely get rid of the sick Psoriasis lesions.
Remember: the diagnosis and determination of treatment – it is the prerogative of the doctor. Self-treat as this could lead to a deterioration in the condition and the transition of Psoriasis in a more severe Form. To know the exact diagnosis and receive recommendations about the therapy, you should see a skin doctor, performs the examination, history gathering, and prescribe laboratory tests.
The essence of the treatment of psoriasis there is a reduction in the intensity of the symptoms of the disease, the General strengthening of the organism and prolonging the periods of Remission. To achieve this, in General, the absorption of the drugs used in a comprehensive approach includes, in accordance with internal, external application of ointments and creams, diet and Regime, the use of physiotherapeutic methods, etc.
The drug treatment of Psoriasis in adults involves the use of outer drugs – hormonal and nonhormonal ointments, gels, creams, helping to reduce hyperemia, itching, and dandruff. In the appointment of hormonal agents, the doctor, and the balance of benefits from their use and possible damage estimates. This is due to the fact that drugs in this category affect not only the skin but also other organs and systems, and in the case of prolonged irrational use can be full of health problems. Among the advantages of hormonal agents to their speed.
After stabilization of the patient, hormone preparations in the rule, by instead, non-steroidal agent. This can be ointments and creams that in the composition of birch or pine tar, grease, plant extracts, zinc, Vitamin D, oil of salicylic acid. An important role in the treatment of psoriatic lesions relegated retinoidam – external medicines, in the composition of Vitamin A.
With regard to the drugs for oral administration, the patient can be assigned antihistamines, hepatoprotectors, Vitamin-Mineral complex, sedatives, immunomodulators, chelators, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics (if infection has taken place wounds on the site of the rash). For severe Psoriasis systemic therapy assigned.
In addition to drug treatment, you need to pay attention to proper nutrition. The daily diet should be rich of fruits of fresh fruit and vegetables, fiber, legumes, cereals, low-fat varieties of meat and poultry, fish and seafood. From the menu excluded simple carbohydrates, refined sugar, soft drinks, bread made from wheat flour and sweet baked goods, alcohol, artificial colors, preservatives, TRANS-fatty acids, emulsifiers, flavors, smoked and marinated dishes.
Good methods of physical therapy such as PUVA-therapy, electrophoresis, phonophoresis, cryotherapy, laser therapy, magnetic field therapy, electro-sleep have been proven. Positive results through the use of methods of therapy and leech therapy. Significant effect may also be due to the climate catastrophe: many patients reducing the symptoms of Psoriasis notice after a long stay on the sea.
Treatment of Psoriasis in adults at home
The assigned doctor therapy can by using the means of traditional medicine. However, we need to understand that Psoriasis is a serious chronic disease whose treatment is not restricted by the grandmother's methods. In addition, prior to the commencement of the use of the means of folk medicine, you must consult with a specialist.
As effective treatment of Psoriasis in the home, the baths with sea salt, baking powder, starch, decoctions of herbs, or oats. To note also the possibility of self-cooking at home ointments and ointments on the Basis of tar, eggs, plants and other ingredients.
For the treatment of Plaques and lesions are far vegetable oils – olive, burdock, linseed, sea-buckthorn spread. All of them are rich in vitamins composition, have a softening effect, to help against itching and flaking.
For the care of the skin in psoriasis?
For the reduction of symptoms and the prolongation of the Remission of a skin, it is important that proper care:
- For washing, bathing and showering with water, whose temperature is 36-38 degrees. To hot water is in the location, and Peeling of the skin strengthen.
- It is recommended that the sponges and replace them with soft sponges. Wiped out, preferably, fluffy towels.
- If the localized skin mask rash on the open areas of the body, with the help of make-up, as this may lead to a reinforcement of the rashes.
- In the presence of "Plaques" and preferably on the feet to wear special orthopedic insole, reducing the pressure on the feet.
- Will have to do without tight synthetic clothing and wool, by you made it with a spacious, made of natural materials.
If your doctor's instructions to follow to eat properly and the care of the skin, you can get a significant reduction of symptoms and the prolongation of the periods of Remission of Psoriasis in people of Mature age.