The Psoriasis is a skin disease in which red scaly patches covered with silvery scales that itch.
In General, Psoriasis manifests itself at the age of 20 to 30 years of age and is often hereditary. Psoriasis is not contagious. Even a mild Form of Psoriasis can lead to serious psychological problems: low self-esteem, a sense of shame and social Isolation. Die of the psoriasis is not possible, but the impact of this disease on the lives of the people very seriously.
The reasons for the development of Psoriasis
The exact cause of Psoriasis is not yet known, but most of the time psoriasis is associated with the following factors:
- to active cell division of the skin (10 times more than usual), which leads to a convex tiles and flaking of the upper layer of the skin;
- Lowering of immunity to the disease.
Symptoms of psoriasis
It is recommended to see a doctor, if you have the following symptoms:
- red bulging spots (Plaques) covered with covered with dry white or silvery scales. Spots often appear on the elbows and knees, however, rashes can appear anywhere on the body: scalp, hands, nails and face. In some cases, spots itching;
- deformed, Peeling nails;
- strong exfoliating dead skin cells (dandruff);
- Blisters on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet, painful cracks in the skin.
- Arthritis (inflammation of joints) in severe cases;
- Depression associated with low self-esteem.
What you can do
You should consult a doctor and strictly adhere to all his recommendations. You can also drink in the sun for 15-30 minutes per day, no alcohol, avoid Stress, lead a healthy life, keep track of your weight.
What can the doctor make
Explain the condition, the necessary information and recommendations. Advise a cream, ointment, or other agents for the treatment of psoriasis (e.g., drugs, the the tar). You write the necessary preparations. Recommend specific therapies (treatment with ultraviolet light, PUVA).