Psoriasis ─ skin disease that is chronic. Expressed in the appearance on the skin swollen spots (papules), the bright-red color. As this disease enough to know every useful, what appears to be Psoriasis is widespread, what are the symptoms and treatment methods. These are important questions the article is devoted to.
Causes of psoriasis
Modern medicine Psoriasis system failure in the body and not as a distinct disease. In addition to the lesions on the skin, in patients violation of the functioning of other organs, usually endocrine disease and the nervous and immune system diagnosed.
A uniform answer to the question why psoriasis occurs in science. There are some basic theories, doctors. You Look At Them.
Recognized by many doctors, the theory says that the main reason for the development of Psoriasis ─ dysfunction of the immune system. Papules form on the body as a result of the autoimmune Aggression: due to the problems of the functioning of the cells of the immune system takes its skin like an Alien, therefore, repel each other.
Long-established ─ psoriasis often develops on the background of infectious diseases (Sinusitis, Tonsillitis). It is a strong argument that the dysfunction of the immune system to provoke disease. Papules explore scales, scientists have found that in the composition of antigenic complexes, typical for healthy cells. In the blood contained antigens to the specified sources, and the rejection provoked.
Reduced immunity, causes no doubt that the development of Psoriasis. But it is important to take into account and many other factors.
The genetic theory
Predisposition to the development of a Psoriasis is inherited. Not a disease, namely, predisposition. This is the statistical fact ─ confirmed at 55-60% of people suffer from Psoriasis, a blood relative with the same diagnosis. If a parent is sick, the probability that your child will be% of this disease, ─ 25, if both of your parents ─ the risk rises to 75%. It is proved that the development of the disease a direct relationship, a plot of chromosomes determines the level of the inflammatory reaction of the skin. But the genetic predisposition, the doctors as the primary cause for the development of the disease.
Among some peoples there is resistance against Psoriasis. Include in this category the Indians, in the Andes, the Eskimos. Their representatives have affected a number of genetic characteristics, so never of this disease.
In accordance with the endocrine theory of the origin of Psoriasis hormonal dysfunction provoke. Came to a similar opinion of the doctors the analysis of the peculiarities of the durchflieens of the disease. In their opinion, the excessive production of skin cells - the result of violations of regulatory function, caused by a malfunction of the endocrine system.
For the benefit of the endocrine theory by the fact that, during the hormonal outbreaks in women (ovulation, Menstruation) and during pregnancy the Psoriasis manifests itself much more active. However, the scientists do not a hormone, the direct influence on the formation and progression of Psoriasis could not, therefore the given theory is of fundamental importance.
One of the new theories ─ neurogenic. She claims that the Psoriasis ─ the disease of the nerves, and it has psychological reasons. The development of the neurosis (vasomotor) provoked. It leads to blood vessels narrowing of the blood, the weakening of the blood supply to the skin and the formation of papules.
Studies show that strong emotions, Stress, nervous shock, to stimulate the formation and development of skin rashes. This is the most important evidence of neurogenic theories.
The Virus Theory
Some doctors believe that Psoriasis of the skin develops because of the infection. Really, in the time of infectious diseases papules appear more often, there are changes in the lymph nodes (peripheral). But it is probably the result of the immune-weakening of the organism. For the whole history of the exploration of the disease Virus has not been detected, provoking the development of Psoriasis.
Doctors never recorded cases of infection with this disease contact (even after the Transfusion of healthy person from an infected). So the Virus theory raises many doubts. In modern medicine psoriasis contagious is not the end of the disease.
Disruption of metabolic processes
In the case of Psoriasis in many patients, the reduced temperature and the increased concentration of cholesterol is diagnosed, and the signs of metabolic disorders. Still, there is a violation of exchange of vitamins, trace elements, carbohydrates. This was in consequence of the complete physical examination of patients with Psoriasis, and gave the reason to assume that there is interference with the metabolism lead to the development of the disease.
Factors, provoking the emergence of Psoriasis
To understand how and why Psoriasis appears, you need to outline the scope of factors, which can with high probability a reason for its development. These include:
- Negative experiences, Stress, psychological trauma, physical and emotional exhaustion are often the reason for the emergence of papules, recurrence of the disease.
- Infectious diseases, chronic foci of infection, vaccination.
- Hormonal changes, especially in women, and in the puberty period, during pregnancy, lactation, menopause.
- A physical injury to the skin ─ burns, insect bites, chilblains, and scratches.
- Some drugs ─ antibiotics, Vitamin complex, rich in vitamins A, B, C, immune-stimulants, Phyto-products.
- Wrong diet ─ excessive amounts in the diet of sweet, fatty, fried, to drink alcohol.
- Climate change ─ especially bad for people prone to Psoriasis, the regions with a humid climate, extreme temperature fluctuations.
- The presence of other dermatological diseases ─ Dermatitis, fungal diseases.
The reason for the development of Psoriasis can have any of the factors listed. People who were suffering from this disease should, if possible, limit their impact, to minimize the risk of relapse.
Symptoms of Psoriasis – like appear
The risk of Psoriasis at any age. He is in children (even babies), and elderly people. The earlier the disease develops, the sooner started the Form.
The first signs of psoriasis:
- the formation of cracks on the surface of the skin, rash (pustular);
- Delamination of the nail plate;
- Blisters on the palms and soles of the feet;
- quickly the skin cells, the strong scaling death;
- Formation on the skin papules ─ convex, red patches, the itching and white scales covered.
With the development of the size and number of papules, increased. The area is longer than 10 cm On the plots rashes covered, the skin is very sensitive, the skin of the head. The application of moisturizing creams does not help, the shell will not be reduced.
Regardless of where it is distinguish psoriasis, various forms:
- Simple (vulgar) ─ localized on the legs, mostly on the upper side of the knee. Papules white scales covered.
- Seborrheic ─ arises in the case of the suffering people on seborrhea. For the characteristic yellow are papules, scales bonded to tallow. They are not inflamed.
- Arthropathy ─ papules form at the site of the joints, most commonly in the feet and hands. The disease limits their mobility.
- Exudative ─ yellowish spots on the arms and legs, usually on the outer side of the elbows and knees.
- Pustular ─ accompanied by a General poor state of health, increase of the temperature. On the painful spots abscesses often occur.
- Psoriasis soles and palms ─ occurs primarily in people who work physically. Beats the hand surfaces and the soles of the feet at the same time.
- Inverse ─ papules appear in large folds of the body (natural). This Form of Psoriasis is often diseases of the accompanied by endocrine.
- Drop shape ─ the formation of lesions in small sizes Teardrop on the legs and torso. May on the head.
- Psoriasis nails ─ localized on the nail plate, leads to its thickening, deformation. The affected nails resemble in shape the beak of a bird.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis ─ a severe Form of the disease, which is characterized by a gradual change in the Psoriasis, the fusion of Plaques. In very advanced cases, the entire surface of the body cover can. Accompanied the process of desquamation, swelling, redness, itching, bad health.
There are three stages of Psoriasis:
- Progressive ─ appear bright red rashes small sizes. They are due to peripheral growth. It is important to start early with the treatment and avoid injury to the skin, otherwise the disease can advance rapidly.
- Stationary ─ new rashes do not appear, and at existing stops the growth.
- Regression ─ papules, pale, decrease in size, the desquamation ceases.
For the diagnosis of Psoriasis view used examination, laboratory investigations and microscopy. The main difference between the present disease, other Dermatitis, separated ─ at autopsy papules film, and at the site of the open wound, drop of blood, similar to Tau.
Psoriasis ─ chronic disease the difficult to treat. Often there is a relapse (even after long remissions). The main goal of treatment ─ disappearance of the rash. During therapy, each patient requires an individual approach, taking into account the regularities of the development of the disease, the cases, concomitant disease, the laws of return.
The main methods of treatment of Psoriasis:
- Ointments to grease, base;
- Tar (Juniper, Pine);
- Drugs oil (naphthalene);
- Ointments, the mustard gas;
- hormonal ointments ─ appointed in the advanced stage.
- vitamin complex;
- Antipsychotics, Tranquilizers;
- anti-inflammatory and Anti-bacterial medications;
- Stimulators of metabolism, bio-stimulants;
- Immuno-pharmacological means.
- Laser therapy;
- selective phototherapy;
- Radio therapy;
- PUVA therapy;
- Ultrasound Therapy;
- Magnetic field therapy;
So select an effective method of treatment, the doctor will take into account the condition of the patient, stage of disease, the localization of the lesions and other factors.
On the condition of the people, the Psoriasis, the positive effects of proper nutrition. The diet should be simple, rich in vitamins and varied. Desirable nutrition and the practice of fasting days (Kefir, meat, Apple, vegetables).
Exclude from the food sweet, fried, smoked food is spicy. Also, do not use pickled foods, mushrooms, ice cream, coffee, soft drinks.
Psoriasis is not transmitted by contact. However, the reasons of its formation and development is so diverse that in the group of risk, in theory, any man can. Therefore, it is important that you take care of the health, protect the skin from injury, burns, dehydration, to strengthen the immune system. Also, you should eat properly, don't abuse alcohol, drugs and Stress the need to avoid situations.